What We Do
We support businesses to sustainably boost, or rebuild, their competitiveness and viability by focussing on operational implementation, alignment and optimisation to unearth hidden profit.
Our approach is to convert your business’ strategic requirements into robust operational reality by deploying our deeply experienced Industrial Practitioners to work alongside your Program Leader or Senior Manager.
"Ironlink was able to drill right down to root causes, including identification of cultural issues that were holding site back on achieving the required productivity targets."
Senior Regional Operations Manager
Who We Work Alongside
- Managing Directors
- General Managers
- Plant Managers
- Production Managers
- Maintenance Managers
- Engineering Managers
- Supervisors & Shift Managers
- Principal Advisers
- Functional Specialists
- Continuous Improvement Managers
- Team Leaders
- Operations Managers
- Divisional Managers
- Chief Executive Officers
- Key tradespeople & operators
We provide services in four broad areas which often overlap and interact in a positive way. The service delivery is always flexible, practical and pragmatic.
Operations and Maintenance Execution
- Working “in the system”, to keep it running properly.
- Helping to get the day-to-day management work done.
- This can be required due to the absence of a line manager or due to a special project such as managing an outage.
- We can work as an interim in-house manager to cover a gap or we can work alongside an in-house manager.
Advisory and Improvement
- Working “on the system”, to improve it.
- This is management’s longer term work. It includes data gathering, interviewing, analysing, testing, recommending, reporting and implementing change.
- Making sustained improvement in the system of work.
Coaching and Mentoring
Working one-to-one with supervisors, superintendents and managers to lift individual effectiveness.
Getting things done! Especially projects that may be a bit unusual, multi-faceted, unstructured or only partially defined.
"The Ironlink team is straight-talking, co-operative, reliable, very easy to work with, with wide and varied industrial experience. (They)… pragmatically integrate and balance the commercial, human and technical challenges that always exist in the likes of the heavy manufacturing, power generation and mining industries."
Chief Executive Officer
Ironlink practitioners possess a broad range of skills in diverse industries. Explore some of our recent work below.
Ironlink's network covers a broad range of skillsets including Operations, Maintenance, Logistics, Change Management and Coaching.
Our experience is across implementation and change management through times of transition as well as providing ongoing operational management on a short-term or medium-term basis.
Key business functions where we can help include:
- Operations & Production
- Efficiency and loss elimination
- Waste elimination
- Alignment to business strategy & objectives
- Downtime analysis
- Unearthing hidden causes of cost and loss of output
- Maintenance & plant reliability
- Asset condition assessment
- Logistics and Supply Chain
- Health & Safety Systems
- Interim line management
- Strategic Planning & Alignment
- Improvement projects - development & management
- Shutdowns, overhauls & outages. Planning and execution
- Labour productivity, utilization & work flow management
- Industrial Relations
- Contract Management & Administration
- Contractor Management
- Asset Management
- Organisational Design
- Change Management
- Risk identification
- Performance Management
"Ironlink recommended procedures which standardised and utilised the best methods across all shifts, removing repetitive errors and ultimately led to an improvement in performance. Accurate measurement of downtime provided the focal point for removing those repetitive issues which so often go unresolved."
Major Capital Projects
Industries We Operate In
- Automotive components
- Bulk Materials Handling
- Cement manufacture
- Chemical manufacture
- Contracted Maintenance and Services
- Fertilizer manufacture
- Logistics, Ports & Shipping
- Mining & quarrying (limestone, gold & copper, iron ore, sand)
- Oil and Gas
- Plasterboard manufacturing
- Power Generation (2000+ MW)
- Pulp and Paper (fine grades)
- Pulp and Paper (newsprint)
- Raw Materials